Attentive, personalized, obstetric care focused on your unique needs before and after childbirth
As you prepare for a new life with your baby, it’s crucial to have the right team by your side. Star Valley Health’s Women’s Health team is made up of two highly knowledgeable and OB Fellowship trained physicians who have diverse medical backgrounds and your best interests at heart.
Our obstetric specialists provide exceptional, compassionate, high-quality care during this unique stage of life—and you don’t have to travel far to get it. For the past 40 years, we have helped thousands of women in and around Star Valley safely bring new life into the world, and we look forward to helping you, too!
Safe, preventive, prenatal care services
The moment you realize you’re expecting, you want the absolute best for you and your growing baby. Our OB Fellowship trained Family Practice physicians are dedicated to providing you with safe, effective prenatal care services, including:
- Prenatal Pap test—to screen for precancerous abnormalities and STDs
- Blood tests—to ensure ongoing maternal health
- Ultrasounds—to monitor your baby’s growth and development
- Urine tests—to screen for pregnancy-related conditions (e.g., preeclampsia)
- Chromosomal testing—to screen for Down’s Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities
- Quad screen—to screen for a variety of genetic/birth defects
- Amniocentesis and Chronic villus sampling (CVS)—more advanced screening for fetal genetic abnormalities
- Screening for gestational diabetes
- Group B streptococcus (GBS) test
- Nonstress tests—to monitor fetal heart rate
Healing, compassionate postpartum care services
Having a new baby, while it can be an amazing and awe-inspiring experience, can also take up much of your time—so it’s important to take care of yourself, too. During your post-delivery hospital stay, our nurse practitioners, physicians and medical staff will provide you with the support and information you need to ensure your fourth trimester is healthy and successful. Our services include:
- Diet and nutrition education
- Exercise and activity education
- Breastfeeding support and breast care
- Post-delivery care, recovery and precautions
We offer both you and your new baby exceptional, attentive obstetric care, that’s close to home. To learn more about Star Valley Health’s obstetric care services or to schedule an appointment, call 307-885-5800. You can also use our easy online form.